10 Ways to Conquer Procrastination – Part 2/2
Have you tried out one of our tips from the previous post about controlling procrastination? We all procrastinate sometimes. But if it’s a chronic habit that sabotages your success as a holistic health practitioner, you need to stop avoiding things that lead to success. Let’s look 5 more ways to conquer procrastination:
6. Set one priority per day. You’re not lazy, you’re just trying to do too much. Discover how it feels to accomplish one thing completely instead of many things partially. Less is more.
7. Do it first. Just get it out of the way, especially if you dread something. You’ll feel much better getting it done than having it nag at the back of your mind.
8. Avoid time-suckers. Don’t get caught up in an endless activity, in which one thing leads to another and another – such as email or Facebook. Define a specific time for these things and stick to it. (In fact, specify a time for every business activity and write it into your schedule, as you will learn soon in Module 2 Make Room for Marketing.)
9. Don’t ask yourself how you feel about it. Once you decide to get in shape, when you hear the alarm at 5 AM, do you ask yourself if you “feel” like getting out of bed and running? Silly question! Same with your dreaded business task, which leads us to the final tip…
10. Just do it! Don’t wait until you have enough time, until you have enough money, until the cows come home. You know you have to do it sooner or later, so JFDI – Just Flippin’ Do It!
Don’t sabotage your success with procrastination. Just go ahead and get the thing done! It’s much more productive and satisfying than have it nag at the back of you mind for days, weeks or months!