Bust Out Your Big Marketing Blitz!
If you got into wellness work to help people, you have to take action with marketing to achieve your goal. Waiting for the phone to ring is not a marketing strategy! You need to take action and reach out to the people who need what you offer! People will call you – but only if they don’t know about you! You need to be proactive!
It’s time to bust out your Big Marketing Blitz! Don’t just trickle, like when the car tire is parked on the garden hose. Bring out the fire hose! Create a 2-week blitz marketing campaign and repeat it quarterly. If you really want more clients, then get crackin’ with these specific and assertive steps to success:
- Make appointments with yourself. Schedule some blocks of time to work on your 2-week blitz campaign. Write into your schedule specifically what you will do with each block of marketing time. BONUS: Once you’ve created your blitz system, you can reuse it to attract new clients and reactivate former clients whenever your bix needs a boost!
- Send a letter (a real postal letter, not email) to every single family member, friend, acquaintance, colleague and client you know. Discuss the target problem or group you selected above in Step 2 on what you’re offering, how your work can help this problem, and ask them to refer people they know who may need what you offer. Have a way to draw people in, such as enclosing a few coupons for a free introductory session or consultation.
- Schedule 3 presentations (yes, at least three!) within a 2-week period to talk about your work – local organizations that feature speakers at their meeting, such as Rotary Club; a free talk at the public library; a hiking club meeting; a golf course clubhouse; a pregnant mom’s group; meet with a school athletic coach; take a doctor or dentist to breakfast and talk about how you can help their patients. Always make an offer in your talk – something special that meets the prospect’s need. Add a bonus to sweeten the deal.
- Contact local publications and find out how publish print advertisements, such as a classified ad, a press release in the newspaper, an article in a local magazine, etc. Do not post flyers around town – it’s amateur.
- Participate in a local event, such as Relay for Life or a marathon, by offering brief introductory treatments. If your modality doesn’t lend itself easily to public demos, hand out your info and free offer with a low-cost incentive gift that will help people remember you.
- Donate a Gift Certificate to a public charity event, such as a school fundraiser or community benefit. Yes, this means donating your time. Think of it as an investment in your business. Are you willing to invest an hour into getting someone as a long-term paying customer?
- Social media can be your BMF – Best Marketing Friend! If you do not already have accounts on all social media outlets relevant to target market, get signed up now! Posts about the benefits you provide and your special offers will entice people to call you. Remember that posts with images get better results than text-only posts. Get in the habit of posting your open appointment times regularly through each week. Get and use a logo to increase your visibility and recognition online.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. I bet you can come up with more strategies to promote your wellness business when you Bust Our Your Big Marketing Blitz!