Fabulous Fall Marketing Ideas!
I can read your thoughts, as you read this week’s title: “What up with this Fall marketing? I’m still working on my summer tan!”
As the lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer move relentlessly toward autumn, we can create summer memories that last a lifetime. One of my favorite summer memories is riding the roller coaster at the amusement park!
But a roller coaster ride in my income is not my idea of fun! It represents seasonal spikes and dips that disrupt my business and my bank balance. It’s hard to have a stable life if your income is erratic! You can avoid these ups and downs with a seasonal marketing schedule. Make consistent time each quarterly season of the year to plan and prepare the following season’s marketing.
You can start now to plan your fall programs and services by booking some fall marketing time into your schedule as appointments with yourself. Do at least one marketing activity per day during the summer, to prepare your fall launch. Here are just a few suggestions for autumn programs and their target markets:
– Back-to-School Specials – Market to teachers, school staff, coaches, pediatricians, students.
– Offer a class or workshop – Share your expertise in a group setting.
– Summer Skin Repair – Sun Worshippers, tourists, athletes, dermatologists.
– Jet Lag Recovery – Vacationers returning home, to help them get back on track.
– Autumn Athlete’s Special – School/community sports, teams, coaches, parents.
– Trick or Treat Bags – Healthy goodies for clients & associates.
– Pre-plan a Winter Holiday party – Compile guest list, get invitations, decide on menu.
– Get a head start on winter – Address Christmas cards; plan winter services and specials.
– Set up a Holiday Gift Certificate Station in your office – Help your clients with their gift shopping.
Which of these fall promos are your faves? Which will you start with? Add your marketing idea to this list. Get really creative with another idea! Inspire us with more of your brilliance:
Take advantage of summer sales at local and online print shops to order your Christmas gift coupons now. Avoid the holiday rush by addressing holiday cards and wrapping gifts for clients, colleagues, networking partners and referral sources. Pre-write and pre-schedule your Fall/Winter ezines, blog articles and social media posts.
Many practitioners increase their fees at the first of the year. If you plan to raise your rates, plan a Fall campaign to announce the increase to your clients and ease them into it. Consider offering a prepay program at current fees to be used after the fee increase.
Use stay-in-touch marketing vehicles to inform clients of your upcoming programs and promotions. You want to make sure you have special offers that will motivate your clients and prospects to keep up with your services as part of their regular health care routine, whether that means daily, weekly or monthly! Your fall marketing should also keep you on their mind for holiday gift shopping and inspire them with “the gift of health” for holiday giving!
Your wellness business doesn’t have to be at the mercy of seasonal peaks and valleys. With careful planning – followed, of course, by action – you can avoid the stressful roller coaster ride! Success is more about strategic marketing than about seasonal changes.
Once you chart out your seasonal marketing every quarter for a year, you will have an automated marketing system that you can return to year after year, throughout your entire career. Avoid the roller coaster ride of seasonal ups and downs in your income with careful planning, consistent marketing and regular implementation. Let us know how it goes with your Fall marketing plans!