Boost Holiday Income with the Stocking Stuffer Special! Part 2/2
Several years ago, I started offering my clients a new way to do their holiday gift shopping that would accomplish these goals:
- Offer low-cost, high-value massage for holiday gifts. –
- Help my clients with their holiday gift shopping.
- Allow more people to experience my work.
- Provide me with an income boost
- Attract new clients into my business.
And here’s what I created – the Stocking Stuffer Special!
Once I figured out the Stocking Stuffer strategy, I needed a system to sell the gift coupons, so as not to annoy people or make myself hoarse by repeating the same offer with every client every day.
So over Thanksgiving weekend, I set up a Gift Station in my clinic – a holiday theme table with a display of beautiful Gift Coupons, colored pens and postage stamps.
I even offer to mail or email the Gift Coupons for them! (Bonus for me: I will acquire more names for my email list, to send invitations to subscribe to my newsletter!) Clients appreciate this mailing service, which doesn’t cost me much time and adds more service and value to their experience in my business!
How will you set up your Holiday Gift Station?
To kick off the Stocking Stuffer Special, follow these steps:
- In early November post signs around your office, including the restroom – in clear view of the toilet! COMING SOON … The Stocking Stuffer Special! (Build interest – let them look forward to it or wonder what it is!)
- Write and pre-schedule an email announcement to go out the day after Thanksgiving: The Stocking Stuffer Special is now available! Explain your offer. Remind them to bring their contact list to their next appointment.
- When they come in and purchase their package of gift coupons, they can sit right down and address the envelopes, enclose the coupons and stick the stamps.
- Offer to mail or email it for them. PS – Don’t penny-pinch and charge for postage; the extra income and opportunity to get new clients is worth the extra expense!
- Continue with promotional emails throughout the holiday season, 3 per week from Thanksgiving through New Years. (Remember – it takes 7 exposures for people to respond to marketing!)
- Remove clients’ names from your list as they buy, so as not to pester them after they have made a purchase.
Your clients will really appreciate this one-stop shopping experience and some will take advantage of the sale to buy extras for future gift occasions.
Winter holidays present the year’s best opportunity to sell Gift Coupons! Many people have a long gift list and appreciate an affordable way to treat their family, friends and colleagues to the gift of health! You can help them with this by offering packages of gift coupons for their holiday shopping convenience. The Stocking Stuffer Special is an amazingly effective holiday sales strategy for wellness practitioners! It could make the holidays your most profitable time of year!
Mele Kalikimaka – Merry Christmas from Hawaii!