Get Back 50% of Former Clients Starting TODAY!
Welcome Back 50% of your former clients! How would you like to have 5 out of 10 former clients come back? Or even more!
They will – if you just reach out to them! According to marketing research, over 50% of inactive customers return if they are invited by a business where they previously had a positive experience. (You do give every client a positive experience, right?)
This month I’ve been extra-busy working with some former clients. Did they all just happen to call out of the blue in the same week? No! They were motivated by my Welcome Back campaign – a special offer that I run every three months to reactivate former clients who drifted away for whatever reason. Last month I reached out to 11 clients who hadn’t been in for a while, and got a positive response from 7 of them! I beat the statistics!
You’ve already done the hardest part of marketing with former clients when you first worked with them – creating the know-like-trust factor. Now you can use that bond to bring them back into your practice.
It’s much easier and more affordable to reactivate a former client than to attract a new one. Marketing research shows that 6 out of 10 inactive customers respond after the third contact! So don’t be discouraged if some of them don’t respond to your initial effort. Simply reach out again!
We make it easy with our effective and affordable program! Welcome Back: How to Reactivate 50% or More of Your Former Clients! Get all the templates and scripts to draw former clients back into your health practice!
If they are not interested, they will just ignore you. The worst that can happen is they will ask you to stop contacting them. In this case, remember that it’s not personal – it’s business! Just move on because you have more important things to do than obsess over someone who isn’t interested in your offer!
But the best case – and more likely – scenario is that 5 out of 10 will return, and this is worth the risk of being rejected or ignored by the other five!
How should you contact your inactive clients? We recommend 4 simple steps, starting with good old postal mail. It’s unique these days and more personal than email, and therefore usually gets better results.
Create a “Welcome Back!” campaign” specifically designed to reactivate former clients. Before starting to contact them, you need to do the following preliminary work:
- Invest in good-quality stationery with your logo and all contact info – it looks more professional than do-it-yourself. Look for deals on Vistaprint.com and get on their email list so you can jump on special deals for your printed marketing materials.
– Get everyone’s complete contact info. You will be contacting your former clients with four different means of communication, so assemble all the necessary info before you start, to insure a smooth flow to your campaign. If you’re missing someone’s phone number, address or email, contact them via the info you do have, and ask for their missing info. Say that you’ve been thinking about them and you want to send them something special.
- Design a Special Re-Introductory Offer, such as extra treatment time, or a special service, gift or amenity – to add value with little or no cost to you.
- Make a limited offer to encourage people to act quickly. It can be time-limited, such as “Call us before mm-dd-yy” or quantity-limited, such as “For the first # people to call.”
Contact them once a week for 4 weeks, scheduled for the same day each week, using different forms of contact. Write out 4 simple scripts, starting and ending your Welcome Back campaign with the ever-popular postal mail:
- Postal letter
- Phone call
Or let us do the heavy lifting! Our scripts and templates use specific wording to motivate your former clients. Get it here!
How much would your income increase if 5 more clients per month came back? What about 5 more per week? What if they buy gift certificates? What if they buy retails products? What if they refer others who refer others who refer others…?
Do you see the powerful effect of reactivating former clients? Remember these two things – these clients already know, like and trust you; and it’s much easier to reactivate a former client than to attract a new one.
Simply reach out again – 4 times – and say to your MIA clients: “Welcome Back!”
BROWNIE POINTS! Speed Up Your Welcome Back Campaign with one or more of these easy strategies:
- Try a Speedy Campaign! Double your contact rate to twice a week! Or 4 consecutive days!
- Offer a Fast Action bonus to those who respond by a certain date! What’s in your Bonus?
- Offer a Special Gift to the first x number of responders! Is your gift special enough to inspire a quick response?